Proof of IdentityPlease provide one of the following for proof of identity:
- Current signed passport (UK or foreign)
- Current EU or UK photo card Driving
- Licence (full/provisional) or full UK Driving Licence (old style)
- Current EU member state ID card
- Current Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EU National
- Current Armed forces ID card
- HM Revenue & Customs tax notification letters SA302 or PAYE confirmation, issued in the last 12 months
- Current firearms certificate
- Original notification letter from Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Pension Service
- Job Centre Plus or Local Authority confirming rights to benefits issued in the last 12 months
- Current signed employers photo ID card
- Current Foreign National ID card
- Current disabled person’s blue badge.
- ID is required for all Personal Representatives/Executors
- ID is not required for existing customers although we will need your account number.
If you’re sending documents through the post which have a photo or signature on them you should send copies and not the originals. All copies of documents must be certified. This means that they have been checked and verified by bank/building society employees, solicitors, accountants, commissioner for oaths, independent financial advisers or the Post Office as being exactly the same as the original. Please note they cannot be certified by a member of your family and the person certifying the documents may charge a fee so check with them.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Take your documents to the person certifying them and ask them to add to the first page of each item:
- Full name
- Business name
- Business address and telephone number
- Signature and the date
- A statement “I certify that pages 1 to [insert total number of pages] are a certified true copy.”
If the documents have been fully certified on each page we will also accept them.