Complaints Publication Report
See how many complaints Yorkshire Building Society received and dealt over a six month period and how these relate to the number of accounts in each grouping, to allow comparisons to be made with other financial organisations on a consistent basis.
1st July 2015 to 31st December 2015
|Firm Name||Yorkshire Building Society|
|Other firms included in this report||Barnsley Building Society
Chelsea Building Society
Norwich & Peterborough Building Society
Norwich & Peterborough Investment Brokers
|Period covered||1st July 2015 to 31st December 2015|
Below is a table showing how many complaints Yorkshire Building Society received and dealt with from 1st July 2015 to 31st December 2015. The comparative figures show how these relate to the number of accounts or income in each grouping, to allow comparisons to be made with other financial organisations on a consistent basis.
To put the figures into context:
- We have nearly 3.5 million Banking and loan accounts. We received 1.14 complaints for every 1000 accounts.
- We have over 172,000 mortgage accounts. We received 15.3 complaints for every 1000 accounts.
- We received 114 general insurance and pure protection complaints for every &1 million of gross annual premiums.
- We received 3.20 life and pension complaints for every 1000 policy holders.
- We received 99 investment complaints for every &1 million of gross annual premiums.
Complaints are very important to us. We use complaints to understand where our customers aren't happy with our service so we can make improvements. We always do our best to deal with complaints as quickly and fairly as possible. Our complaints process has been designed with customers at its heart. If you have a complaint, please get in touch and we'll do all we can to resolve the matter with you.
Archived Complaints Reports
- 1st July 2018 to 31st December 2018
- 1st January 2018 to 30th June 2018
- 1st July 2017 to 31st December 2017
- 1st January 2017 to 30th June 2017
- 1st July 2016 to 31st December 2016
- 1st January 2016 to 30th June 2016
- 1st July 2015 to 31st December 2015
- 1st January 2015 to 30th June 2015
- 1st January 2014 to 30th June 2014
- 1st July 2013 to 31st December 2013
- 1st January 2013 to 30th June 2013
- 1st July 2012 to 31st December 2012
- 1st January 2012 to 30th June 2012
- 1st July 2011 to 31st December 2011
- 1st January 2011 to 30th June 2011
Complaints received and dealt with by Yorkshire Building Society from 1st July 2015 – 31st December 2015.
|Product/Service Grouping||Number of complaints opened||Number of complaints closed||Complaints closed within 8 weeks||Closed complaints upheld by YBS|
|Banking and credit cards||3958||4421||97.2%||41.5%|
|General Insurance & Pure protection||3623||3938||95.2%||11.0%|
|Life, Pensions and Decumulation||87||105||75.2%||15.2%|