Complaints Publication Report
See how many complaints Yorkshire Building Society received and dealt over a six month period and how these relate to the number of accounts in each grouping, to allow comparisons to be made with other financial organisations on a consistent basis.
1st July 2016 to 31st December 2016
|Firm Name||Yorkshire Building Society|
|Other firms included in this report||Chelsea Building Society
Barnsley Building Society
Norwich & Peterborough Building Society
Norwich & Peterborough Investment Brokers
|Period covered||1st July 2016 to 31st December 2016|
Below is a table showing how many complaints Yorkshire Building Society received and dealt with from 1st July 2016 to 31st December 2016.
Financial companies are now required to report all complaints received from customers. This is a different approach from previous reports, where those complaints that had been resolved by the end of the following business day were not reported. Therefore these figures are not directly comparable to previous publications.
The figures below show how these relate to the number of accounts in each grouping, to allow comparisons to be made with other financial organisations on a consistent basis.
- We have over 3.05 million banking, savings and loan accounts and received 1.55 complaints in total for every 1000 accounts.
- We have over 157,000 mortgage balances and receive 13.5 complaints for every 1000 mortgage balances.
- We sold just over 8000 policies across insurance and pure protection. Within this category we also report complaints for products we no longer sell namely Mortgage Payment and Protection (MPPI) and received 409.06 complaints per 1000 insurance and pure protection policies sold. 91% of these insurance and pure protection complaints were MPPI complaints.
Complaints are very important to us. We use complaints to understand where our customers aren't happy with our service so we can make improvements. We always do our best to deal with complaints as quickly and fairly as possible. Our complaints process has been designed with customers at its heart. If you have a complaint, please get in touch and we'll do all we can to resolve the matter with you.
Archived Complaints Reports
- 1st July 2018 to 31st December 2018
- 1st January 2018 to 30th June 2018
- 1st July 2017 to 31st December 2017
- 1st January 2017 to 30th June 2017
- 1st July 2016 to 31st December 2016
- 1st January 2016 to 30th June 2016
- 1st July 2015 to 31st December 2015
- 1st January 2015 to 30th June 2015
- 1st January 2014 to 30th June 2014
- 1st July 2013 to 31st December 2013
- 1st January 2013 to 30th June 2013
- 1st July 2012 to 31st December 2012
- 1st January 2012 to 30th June 2012
- 1st July 2011 to 31st December 2011
- 1st January 2011 to 30th June 2011
Complaints received and dealt with by Yorkshire Building Society from 1st July 2016 to 31st December 2016.
|Number of complaints opened by Volume of business|
|Product/Service Grouping||Provision1 (at reporting period end date)||intermediation2 (within the reporting period)||Number of complaints opened||Number of complaints closed||Percentage closed within 3 days||Percentage closed after 3 days but within 8 weeks||Percentage upheld||Main cause of complaints opened|
|Banking and credit cards||1.55||47.25||4808||83.84%||14.95%||66.5%||General Admin / Customer Service|
|Home Finance||13.5||2126||2187||67.58%||31.28%||69.4%||General Admin / Customer Service|
|Insurance & Pure protection||409.06||3304||3275||38.02%||58.08%||22.5%||Advising, Selling and Arranging|
|Decumulation and Pensions||N/A||0||1||0.00%||0.00%||0.0%||N/A|
|Investments||N/A||158||180||44.44%||43.33%||43.9%||Advising, Selling and Arranging|
1 Provision - these are the number of complaints per 1000 active accounts or 1000 outstanding balances (Home Finance)
as of 31st December 2016