Complaints Publication Report
See how many complaints Yorkshire Building Society received and dealt over a six month period and how these relate to the number of accounts in each grouping, to allow comparisons to be made with other financial organisations on a consistent basis.
1st July 2021 to 31st December 2021
|Firm Name||Yorkshire Building Society|
|Other firms included in this report||Chelsea Building Society
Norwich & Peterborough Building Society
|Period covered||1st July 2021 to 31st December 2021|
Below is a table showing how many complaints Yorkshire Building Society received and dealt with from 1st July 2021 to 31st December 2021.
The figures below show how these relate to the number of accounts in each grouping, to allow comparisons to be made with other financial organisations on a consistent basis.
- We have just over 2.9 million banking, savings and loan accounts and received 0.39 complaints in total for every 1000 accounts.
- We have just under 97,000 mortgage balances and receive 6.80 complaints for every 1000 mortgage balances.
- We have just under 67,000 policies across insurance and pure protection. Within this category we also report complaints for products we no longer sell namely Mortgage Payment and Protection (MPPI) and received 0.17 complaints per 1000 insurance and pure protection in force.
Our service offering to our customers is very important to us. We always do our best to deal with complaints quickly and fairly and whilst we don’t want customers to be dissatisfied with the service provided, we use the insight to enhance and improve our service proposition. If you have a complaint, please get in touch and we’ll do all we can to resolve the matter with you.
Archived Complaints Reports
- 1st January 2021 to 30st June 2021
- 1st July 2020 to 31st December 2020
- 1st January 2020 to 30st June 2020
- 1st July 2019 to 31st December 2019
- 1st January 2019 to 30st June 2019
- 1st July 2018 to 31st December 2018
- 1st January 2018 to 30th June 2018
- 1st July 2017 to 31st December 2017
- 1st January 2017 to 30th June 2017
- 1st July 2016 to 31st December 2016
- 1st January 2016 to 30th June 2016
- 1st July 2015 to 31st December 2015
- 1st January 2015 to 30th June 2015
- 1st January 2014 to 30th June 2014
- 1st July 2013 to 31st December 2013
- 1st January 2013 to 30th June 2013
- 1st July 2012 to 31st December 2012
- 1st January 2012 to 30th June 2012
- 1st July 2011 to 31st December 2011
- 1st January 2011 to 30th June 2011
Complaints received and dealt with by Yorkshire Building Society from 1st July 2021 to 31st December 2021.
|Number of complaints opened by Volume of business|
(at reporting period end date)
(within the reporting period)
|Number of complaints opened||Number of complaints closed||Percentage closed within 3 days||Percentage closed after 3 days but within 8 weeks||Percentage upheld||Main cause of complaints opened|
|Banking and credit cards||0.39||1139||1140||59.30%||39.74%||66.05%||General Admin / Customer Service|
|Home Finance||6.80||658||665||39.25%||58.65%||65.86%||General Admin / Customer Service|
|Insurance & Pure protection||0.17||11||10||30.00%||70.00%||60.00%||Advising, Selling and Arranging|
|Decumulation and Pensions||N/A|
|Investments||N/A||1||2||0.00%%||100.00%||0.00%||Advising, Selling and Arranging|
1 Provision - these are the number of complaints per 1000 active accounts or 1000 outstanding balances (Home Finance) as of 31st December 2021.
Of the cases reviewed by The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) during the period 1st January 2021 to 30th June 2021, FOS agreed with 91% of the complaint outcomes made by the Society.