Removing Power of Attorney

Power of Attorney help and guidance

Removing a Power of Attorney

If you would like to end a Power of Attorney that has been drawn up under English or Welsh law and registered with the Office of the Public Guardian you will need to complete a Deed of Revocation.

If the Attorney(s) no longer want to act then a Deed of Disclaimer is required.

You can also obtain further information regarding Powers of Attorney by contacting the Office of the Public Guardian on 0300 456 0300*.

In Scotland or Northern Ireland there are different requirements for ending Power of Attorney documents or where an Attorney no longer wants to act. For more information contact the relevant Government department.

Call our specialist team

If you would like to talk to us about Power of Attorney, you can call our specialist team, between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.

01274 263 037, option 1, option 2. *

Write to us

Please send documents to:

Customer Service Centre
Yorkshire Building Society
Yorkshire House
Yorkshire Drive

Visit your nearest Branch

If you would prefer to speak to someone in person please call into any of our branches.

Find your nearest branch.