Coronavirus – Mortgage information
Mortgage payment holidays
Mortgage payment holidays (deferral) were available from the start of the pandemic (for a maximum of 6 months). The deadline for a new payment holiday application ended on the 31st March 2021, and any existing payment holiday arrangement ended on the 31st July 2021. If after ending your payment holiday you are still having difficulty making your next payment, please call us to discuss your options.
0800 138 2402*
9am - 5pm Mon-Fri 9am - 1pm Sat
You can also see how we can help, on: Trouble paying your mortgage
If you need any support accessing our information we can provide information in other formats and through other channels.
Further help and support if you’re struggling
- The Money Advice Trust can offer guidance on dealing with day to day budgeting and advice on how to manage unsecured debts. Call them on:
0808 808 4000
- Money Advice Service Coronavirus Support page Has useful information including information around debt, recovery action plans, redundancy, bereavement and more.
Update to our lending policies
Currently, we don’t accept furlough income for mortgage applications.
Furloughed applicants must be back at work on their full salary before we can consider their income for a mortgage application.
For joint mortgage applications, where one applicant is on Furlough we will assess the affordability of the mortgage using only the salary of the applicant who is not on Furlough.
Maximum loan to value changes
We can now offer mortgages on the following:
- If you’re purchasing a new property the maximum loan-to-value (LTV) is 95%
- If you’re re-mortgaging your property the maximum LTV is 90% LTV or less
- New Build purchases up to a maximum of 85% LTV