Planning my long-term care

Thinking about long-term care is a subject most of us find pretty daunting. As part of Our Money Movement we have pulled together all in one place, helpful step-by-step guides to help you understand more about this important and sensitive matter should you or someone close need some help.

We have looked at some of the top questions and pulled together some easy to digest answers which will help you get up to speed on the different options. From the different levels of care, through to who pays and when - take a few minutes out of your day and have a read. Short on time? Try our quick guide to self-funding long-term care.
our money movement logo
At Yorkshire Building Society we created Our Money Movement because we could see how most of the information for people approaching retirement was overly complex and full of jargon and hidden charges. Our aim is simple. To provide plain, straight talking guidance to help you make informed decisions about your financial future.

How to get in touch

We have developed guides around some key topics that our customers have already told us are ‘top of mind’ when it comes to planning for and during retirement. We aim to grow and expand to include more easy to understand, all-in-one place guides. If you have any requests, feedback or questions about any of our Money Movement articles please get in touch. You can email us at; we’d love to hear from you.

Financial guidance, plain and simple

We hope you find Our Money Movement articles useful. We've tried to help you by pulling together an information hub that's full of impartial guidance. We hope once you've had a read, you will feel more confident and informed in your retirement options.

The information on this page was sourced between June – October 2020 and updated in April 2021. Information on this site does not constitute any form of advice, representation, or arrangement by us and you take full responsibility for making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other decisions. You should take independent financial advice from an adviser who is registered by the Financial Conduct Authority.