Tips to help prevent loss during flooding to your home
If you have been flooded?
- If you are able, switch off gas, water and electricity
- Contact your insurance company they will be able to help and advise you
- Take extreme care and do not walk in flood water, if you can avoid it
- Always wash your hands with soap and clean water after being in contact with floodwater, sewage or items that may have come into contact with floodwater
- Have a map of your local area handy. If you decide to evacuate, bear in mind that some local roads may already be blocked and impassable. Do not attempt to drive across flooded roads