What does this mean?

Yorkshire Building Society don’t have current accounts and aren’t part of the automated Switching Service but we will help you transfer all your Direct Debits, Standing Orders and incoming regular payment to your new banking provider, through a manual process.

How to use the manual switching service

If you want to switch your payment instructions from a Yorkshire Building Society account to another provider account, you must make the request to your new banking provider. They will tell us, and we will carry out the request.

What does this mean?

Your new banking provider can send a request to us for all your payment information, such as Direct Debits, Standing Orders and incoming regular payments. We can then provide your payment details to your new provider.

What will happen?

Once you’ve completed a request with your new provider:

  • They will forward your request to us.
  • We will let you know once we have sent a list of your regular payments to your new provider.
  • Your new provider will then contact us to confirm a date to cancel payments and transfer any funds.
  • We will send a letter to you once your funds have been transferred and your payments have been cancelled, to confirm the account switch has been completed.

If your account is closed, any payment sent to your old account will not be forwarded to your account with your new banking provider. They will be returned to the originator.

You can find out more information about the Current Account Switch Service at the following links:


Call us

9am - 5pm Mon-Fri
9am - 1pm Sat

Online security

Report an online security issue using our form

Report a lost/stolen card

Call our helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Alternatively, you can visit your nearest branch or report it online