Get a lending decision in just 10 minutes
Based on the details you provide, we can quickly advise
you if we are able to provide you with a mortgage.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
It takes just 10 minutes
Simply provide us with your details and we can tell you whether we can lend to you and how much.
It lasts for 30 days
If you do need more time, you can easily retrieve your details and resubmit your lending decision for reapproval.
However, fees apply to a Full Mortgage Application. You’ll be given a breakdown of these prior to completing application.
It wont affect your credit rating
Our checks will not appear on your credit file at this stage of the application.
How much can I borrow?
Use our borrowing calculator to find out how much you would be able to borrow for your mortgage:
Can I afford it?
We also have a repayment calculator
to provide you with give an estimated monthly repayment amount for the amount you need to borrow.
What do I need to hand?
When applying for your lending decision we will ask for information about:
Including your salary, regular bonuses and overtime. Also include any benefits received such as child maintenance.
Your regular outgoings such as loan payments (including student loans), credit cards and overdraft usage. It also includes payments towards childcare and child maintenance or existing mortgages.
Am I eligible?
- You need to be at least 18.
- Be sure to check that you are on the electoral register
at your current property.
- You must reside in the UK at the time of application and either be a UK citizen or hold a European passport.
- When you request a lending decision we will obtain details from a credit reference agency. This will only leave a record on your credit file if you go on to complete a full mortgage application. To find out more about how your credit score affects your lending decision, why not take a look at our guide to Income & Expenditure
- To help things go as smoothly as possible, please read our lending criteria
- The property to be mortgaged must be in the UK and where you intend to live.
- We only offer Yorkshire Building Society mortgages.
- You should consider the length of the mortgage term and whether it will extend beyond your expected retirement. If it does, please apply in branch
, or by telephone.
- We do not currently offer loans that are defined as "Foreign Currency Loans" by the European Mortgage Credit Directive. We therefore cannot take into consideration any income that is paid in or converted from a currency other than UK sterling. Neither can we lend to a customer who lives outside the UK.
- If you are increasing the amount of lending secured on your home, you should consider whether this is the best way of doing so. You should think about other options such as an additional secured loan with your current mortgage provider, a second charge loan or unsecured lending, such as a personal loan, with another provider.
- If you are remortgaging and intend to use any funds for the purpose of debt consolidation, we cannot accept this type of application and you will need to seek independent mortgage advice.
Ready to proceed?
By clicking 'Get started' you are confirming you have read and agree to the above.
Will I receive advice?
Talk to one of our mortgage advisers over the phone.
Will I receive advice?
0345 166 9510 *
8am-8pm: Mon to Fri
and 9am-1pm: Sat
The embedded asset does not exist:
Asset Type: YBS_Snippet_C
Asset Id: 1394658781091