The promoter of this prize draw is Yorkshire Building Society (“YBS”), Yorkshire House, Yorkshire Drive, Bradford BD5 8LJ.
1. To enter, you must submit a fully completed savings tip prize draw entry form between 9am on 4 September 2023 and 5pm on 30 September 2023. Tips must relate to ideas on savings, costs or money. Entries that do not include this may be rejected from the draw.
2. Entry to the prize draw is free and is available via our website (www.ybs.co.uk
), in any YBS agency/branch or over the telephone (0345 1200 200
3. Entrants must be 18 or over and live in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.
4. Entrants must have an open account (Savings or Mortgage) with YBS, Chelsea Building Society, Norwich & Peterborough Building Society or YBS Share Plans to be eligible for the prize draw. This account must be open on the date of entry and hold at least the minimum operating balance as outlined in the product terms and conditions on the date the prize draw is drawn.
5. One prize draw entry is allowed per person. Any subsequent entries will not be considered.
6. YBS employees, agency personnel or contractors are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
7. There will be one winner of a £1,000 prize and five winners of a £100 prize.
8. If you are a prize draw winner, the prize will be paid into your existing YBS savings account, subject to existing product terms and conditions, or an account in your name held elsewhere.
9. Winners of each prize will be chosen at random from all prize draw entrants who meet the eligibility criteria as set out in these terms and conditions. We’ll use an independent computer generated programme to select 6 winners at random, during opening hours, on or before 13 October 2023 and the winner will be contacted by post/email and/or phone on or before 20 October 2023.
10. The first eligible entry chosen at random will win the £1,000 prize. The subsequent five eligible entries chosen at random will each win a £100 prize.
11. The winning customer(s) will be contacted by YBS and asked to provide account details for the account which the prize is to be paid into. If the winner is unable to provide these details, they must contact their local YBS branch/agency, our contact centre (0345 1200 200
) or via secure message on our website ybs.co.uk to confirm which account to deposit the prize into.
12. If a winner does not provide this information to us via any of the above contact methods within 30 days of being notified by YBS they have won, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and YBS will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
13. Prizes are non-transferable and no alternative prizes are available.
14. YBS reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
15. By entering this prize draw, you give YBS permission to use your savings tip as part of future Yorkshire Building Society marketing campaigns, content on our digital and retail channels and other relevant marketing material. Where your tip is shared, this will be done anonymously, and all personal information will be removed, unless you later give us permission to share your name and/or location alongside your savings tip.
16. By entering this prize draw, entrants’ personal information will be used by YBS for the purposes of administering and fulfilling the prize draw. To indicate that a valid prize draw took place, YBS may provide information about the draw and the winning customers to the Advertising Standards Authority on request. YBS may also contact you in respect of post-prize
draw publicity events. In this instance, YBS will ask for your permission before sharing any personal information. You may find further information on how you can exercise your rights in our privacy notice which can be found at ybs.co.uk/privacy.
17. YBS accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault (technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure) of any kind OR
if for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when submitting the entry form online. YBS does not take any responsibility for incomplete entry forms and any incomplete entry forms will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw.
18. YBS reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
19. YBS may change the rules or close the prize draw at any time and without notice if anything happens outside of our control which makes this necessary.
20. The prize draw Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and any disputes will be dealt with by Courts of England and Wales.
21. The prize draw is independent, and results are final.
22. You accept these Terms and Conditions by entering the prize draw.