Complaints Publication Report
See how many complaints Yorkshire Building Society received and dealt over a six month period and how these relate to the number of accounts in each grouping, to allow comparisons to be made with other financial organisations on a consistent basis.
1st January 2011 to 30th June 2011
|Firm Name||Yorkshire Building Society|
|Other firms included in this report||Barnsley Building Society
Chelsea Building Society
Chelsea Mortgage Services
|Period covered||1st January 2011 to 30th June 2011|
Below is a table showing how many complaints Yorkshire Building Society received and dealt with from 1st January 2011 to 30th June 2011. The comparative figures show how these relate to the number of accounts or income in each grouping, to allow comparisons to be made with other financial organisations on a consistent basis.
- †Complaints related to historic sales pre 2000. Since 2000 the society has introduced its customers to Legal & General for investment advice.
- ‡The society acts as an intermediary for the provision of general insurance and protection and introduces our customers to Legal & General for investment advice.
- *Increase from previous report due to speculative Mortgage Payment Insurance claims from complaint management companies.
Complaints are very important to us. We use complaints to understand where our customers aren't happy with our service so we can make improvements. We always do our best to deal with complaints as quickly and fairly as possible. Our complaints process has been designed with customers at its heart. If you have a complaint, please get in touch and we'll do all we can to resolve the matter with you.
The Financial Ombudsman Service also publish complaint data regarding the number of complaints received and the proportion upheld by the Ombudsman for individual firms. Details can be found at the Financial Ombudsman Service - publication of complaints data.
The Yorkshire Group has achieved another successful result for the first half of 2011 by being the best amongst all Building Societies and Retail Banks. This result shows that the Ombudsman agrees with our decisions on complaint handling and fairness for the customer in almost 9 out of every 10 cases.
Archived Complaints Reports
- 1st July 2018 to 31st December 2018
- 1st January 2018 to 30th June 2018
- 1st July 2017 to 31st December 2017
- 1st January 2017 to 30th June 2017
- 1st July 2016 to 31st December 2016
- 1st January 2016 to 30th June 2016
- 1st July 2015 to 31st December 2015
- 1st January 2015 to 30th June 2015
- 1st January 2014 to 30th June 2014
- 1st July 2013 to 31st December 2013
- 1st January 2013 to 30th June 2013
- 1st July 2012 to 31st December 2012
- 1st January 2012 to 30th June 2012
- 1st July 2011 to 31st December 2011
- 1st January 2011 to 30th June 2011
Complaints received and dealt with by Yorkshire Building Society from 1st January 2011 – 30th June 2011.
|Product/Service Grouping||Number of complaints opened||Number of complaints closed||Complaints closed within 8 weeks||Closed complaints upheld by YBS||Comparative figure|
|Banking and credit cards||1466||1386||97.5%||49.1%||0.63 complaints per 1000 accounts|
|Home Finance||933||880||95.9%||43.4%||52 complaints per 1,000 accounts/loans|
|General Insurance & Pure protection‡||657||502||94.8%||5.8%||47 complaints per £1m income|
|Life, Pensions and Decumulation||147||116||57.8%||11.2%||N/A†|
|Investments‡||69||64||98.4%||62.5%||3.4 complaints per £1m income|