Home Insurance options

Core Contents

up to £60k as standard

Contents are the items in your home that could be taken with you if you moved house including furniture, carpets, laptops and clothing.

We'll pay to repair or replace the contents of your home if they're lost, stolen or damaged by something covered by your policy, for example, a flood or fire.

Key Features:

  • Minimum sum insured for Contents Cover is £60K but the customer can choose to increase this to £80K.
  • Items of jewellery, watches and items that contain gold, silver or platinum that always stay inside the home are covered within the chosen Contents sum insured for up to a limit of £10K as standard.
  • Contents in the open such as garden furniture, lawnmowers and portable BBQs are covered up to £5K. Plants, trees and shrubs are covered up to £5K.
  • £20K for loss or damage to contents whilst they are temporarily at other premises (in the British Isles) like halls of residence, care homes, hospital or some of the contents are in a locked bank safety deposit box.
  • Whilst moving home, the contents are covered in both homes for up to 90 days in a row (in the British Isles) whilst moving to a new permanent home. Accidental loss or damage to the contents while moving to a new permanent home (in the British Isles) including temporary storage for up to 7 days in a row. This is up to the Contents sum insured.

Key Exclusions:

  • Storm or flood damage to trees, shrubs, hedges, bushes, plants and lawns.